By Sara Shahriari
This story was originally published in the August 2008 issue of Missouri Life.
1. Which mushroom prompts spring searching in Missouri?
2. Where in Missouri did toasted ravioli become a sensation?
3. St. Joseph’s George Washington Chase, who invented Cherry Mash around 1918, wasn’t a confectioner by trade. What was his day job?
4. What Missouri native pioneered new uses for the peanut?
5. What high-earning Missouri cash crop delights vegetarians?
6. Which St. Louis-born soft drink’s original formula contained a moodstabilizing drug?
7. What is Missouri’s official nut?
8. When did the first edible ice cream cone debut?
9. Made at St. Joseph by the Pearl Milling Company, what was the first ready-mix food to be sold commercially?
10. What is the name of the largest beer producing plant in the nation, located at St. Louis?