Courtesy of Mrouse via Wikimedia Commons
October 23, 1826: The historic military facility at Jefferson Barracks was given its present name. Previously, it was known as Camp Adams.
This post was contributed by Ross Malone. A historian and a retired school teacher, Ross has authored many books about Missouri’s history, weird facts, and folk tales. He has also written children’s historical fiction. Visit his website, and buy his books in the Missouri Life store.