February 16, 1846: William B. Ferguson and his wife moved to Missouri, bought 107 acres of farmland, then donated nine acres to the North Missouri Railroad (Wabash) for a station on the condition that the station be named Ferguson. This was the origin of Ferguson, MO.
This post was contributed by Ross Malone. A historian and a retired school teacher, Ross has authored many books about Missouri’s history, weird facts, and folk tales. He has also written children’s historical fiction. Visit his website, and buy his books in the Missouri Life store.