Zucchini Pineapple Bread
Makes 2 loaves
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- ½ cup raisins, optional
- Preheat Oven to 350F°
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, zucchini, oil, pineapple and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; stir into egg mixture just until moistened. Fold in nuts and raisins if desired.
- Pour into two greased 8-inch x 4-inch loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool.
Fresh Kale Salad
- 1 bunch (about a pound) of fresh kale, thoroughly washed and ribs remove, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 granny smith apple, washed and cored, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds (slivered or chopped)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Several thin slices of red onion
- ½ cup peppercorn ranch dressing
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Toss with dressing and serve.