Courtesy Kirkpatrick Cafe
Makes 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup liquor of choice (Baileys, Amaretto, Frangelica, Creme de Cacao, Chamord)
- 1/4 cup vanilla*
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, sift together all dry ingredients. Make a well in the center of the dry mix, pour in milk, liquor, vanilla, egg, and melted butter. Mix until smooth.
- Use approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Pour on lightly oiled, hot, frying pan, and grown on both sides. Serve hot.
- Get creative with a heart-shaped cookie cutter when cooking the pancakes. Add a favorite topping: cinnamon and sugar, whipped cream, powdered sugar or brown sugar, flavored syrups, anything that impresses your significant other!
*Vanilla can be adjusted to taste. If adjusted, also adjust mil for consistency.