Raspberry Jalapeño Jelly
Courtesy of Farmers' Market of the Ozarks
- 6 cups whole raspberries
- 1/2 cup minced fresh jalapeño pepper, more for stronger heat 1 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 box SURE-JELL fruit pectin
- 8 glass, half-pint jars
- In a food processor, add the berries. Pulse the processor a few times to crush the berries.
- Add jalapeños and sugar, and pulse about 10 times. Pour this mixture into a large bowl, and let stand 10 minutes, stirring every so often.
- Bring water and pectin to a boil over high heat in a small saucepan. Boil for about 1 minute.
- Pour the pectin mix over the berry mixture and stir constantly for 3 minutes.
- Fill the jars with the mixture, leaving about 1/2 inch at the top of each container. Clean o the edges of the jars to remove any spilled mixture. Cover with lids, and let stand at room temperature for 24 hours. Store in refrigerator or freezer.
Makes 4 pints