Courtesy of The Filling Station in Lampe
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup finely crushed saltines
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, onions, saltines, sage, salt, and pepper. Add beef and mix well.
- Shape into an 8- by 4-inch loaf in a shallow, ungreased baking pan.
- Mix together the ketchup, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce, and spread 3/4 cup of the mixture over the meatloaf.
- Bake at 350°F for 60 to 65 minutes or until no pink remains.
- Drain and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with warmed remaining sauce.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.