• 1½ cups panko (Japanese-style breadcrumbs)
• ¾ cup plain breadcrumbs
• 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
• 3 eggs, beaten
• 24 cheese ravioli, frozen
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a shallow bowl, mix panko, breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, salt, and Parmesan cheese.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Set aside.
4. In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil and cook ravioli for 3 minutes. Drain and allow them to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Begin breading process by adding 4 ravioli at a time to the beaten eggs, flip to coat. Transfer to Parmesan/breadcrumb mixture; toss to coat well. Place on lined baking sheet.
6. Repeat breading process with remaining ravioli. Spray lightly with olive oil or baking spray and bake for 15 minutes. Makes 24 ravioli. Serves 4.
More recipes at LauraFuentes.com.
NOTE: To make these gluten-free, start with gluten-free ravioli. For the breading, you can either use gluten-free panko and breadcrumbs, or coarsely ground corn flakes. Pulse the corn flakes in a food processor until they are the consistency of traditional panko crumbs.
Courtesy of Laura Fuentes