Gates Bar-B-Q Bells Recipe
Courtesy of Gates and Son’s Bar-B-Q
- 6 medium size bell peppers
- 2 stalks chopped celery
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cloves crushed fresh garlic
- 1 bottle Gates Bar-B-Q Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut tops off bell peppers.
- Blanch the peppers and the chopped celery by submerging them in a wire basket into a pan of boiling water for about 7 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- Lightly brown the meat in a large skillet. Add cooked rice and blanched vegetables. Add crushed garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff peppers loosely with mixture, about 3 ounces in each.
- Place on cookie sheet. Top each with 2 tablespoons of Gates Bar-B-Q sauce. Cook for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Serve warm.