Chunks of Chocolate
Courtesy of Askinosie Chocolate
Makes 4 dozen cookies
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 ounces Askinosie Chocolate, melted and cooled
- 12 ounces Askinosie Chocolate, chopped into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside. With an electric mixer, cream the butter and shortening until light. Beat in the sugar, 1/4 cup at a time. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and melted chocolate. Add the flour mixture, 1/3 at a time, stirring until just blended. Fold in the chocolate chunks and pecans.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of the dough, 2 inches apart, onto greased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Cool for few minutes on the cookie sheets. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.