Courtesy of Stark Bro’s Nurseries & Orchards Co.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups nely shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups nely shredded red cabbage
- 2 crisp apples, cored, halved, and sliced
- In a large salad bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, vinegar, and salt.
- Add the shredded cabbage to the dressing.
- Add the sliced apples to the cabbage and dressing.
- Toss well to coat all with dressing, and cover.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Toss again, and serve.
Serves 6 to 8.