36th Annual Heritage Festival & Craft Show
Visitors will be taken back to the traditions of the past. Listen, learn, and see history as it comes alive. See artisans and tradesmen dressed in 19th century attire demonstrating their trades and selling their wares. A large contemporary handmade craft area will also be featured.
Enjoy entertainment on two stages including music, dancing and storytelling. Saturday Evening Ghost Stories (8-9:30 pm) are sponsored by the Mid-Missouri Organization Storytellers. Tour the Historic Maplewood Home and the Walter’s Boone County Historical Museum and Village. Great food and a beautiful park setting will make the Heritage Festival a family tradition!
• Traditional tradesmen & artisans demonstrating "lost arts"
• Entertainment on two stages
• Cowboys with their chuckwagons
• Lewis & Clark outpost
• Fun for Young'uns Area (stilts, paper pumpkins, milk the "cow," rope making, candle dipping, candy in the haystack, hayrides, and much more!)
• Handmade crafts
• Saturday evening ghost stories from 8-9:30 p.m.
• Museum and village tours & great food!
Saturday & Sunday, September 21 & 22, 2013
10 a.m - 5 pm
Historic Nifong Park, 2900 E. Nifong
(Hwy 63 S & AC/Grindstone Parkway exit west)
For weather-related cancellations, please call our hotline at 573-874-7663.