JFXie via Flickr
Baking Stock Photo
Mark Twain, a native son, is quoted as saying, “It’s not the journey—it’s the destination that is important.” However, you may disagree and claim the food is most important on the dinner train. Guest who enjoyed a slice of this dessert beg to differ with Twain.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 boxes instant vanilla pudding (1 ounce each)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease and flour a 9 X 13-inch baking pan.
- Mix cake ingredients on medium for two minutes.
- Mix topping in a separate bowl.
- Pour half of batter into pan. Sprinkle on half the topping. Spoon on remaining batter. Sprinkle on rest of topping. Insert knife and swirl batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350° F.
- Cool slightly. Make glaze by sifting powdered sugar. Add vanilla and 2 teaspoons hot water. Drizzle glaze over top.
Yields 20 small servings.